Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why we were late for church...


Kyle woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning..seriously, THE WRONG side of the bed. We were already running a little bit late, but not too bad. But we are late enough, that the kiddos really needed to just eat breakfast in the car. A granola bar, cup of milk, banana, go-gurt..you get the idea. Oatmeal isn't really an option this morning. Kyle WANTED oatmeal..this is the conversation.

Kyle: "I want oatmeal".
Mommy: "Sorry buddy we don't have time. I got you a granola bar and some milk."
Kyle: Falling to the ground in a complete full body fit. "I WANT OATMEAL"
Mommy: "I'm sorry buddy, not today."
Kyle: Screaming "I HATE GRANOLA BARS, I WANT OATMEAL!!"

***I won't even go into the fact that it was an OATMEAL GRANOLA BAR!!

Mommy: "I'm sorry Kyle not today. If you keep yelling at me you will have to go into time out."

Kyle: Still screaming "I HATE GRANOLA BARS!!" while taking off his shoes, socks and tie I just put on him.

Mommy: "Kyle go sit in time out for yelling at Mommy. When you are ready to say sorry and be happy you can come out."

Kyle: While he is running to timeout "I HATE GRANOLA BARS!!!!"

This entire conversation repeats itself about 6 or 7 more times.

At this point we are really running late. So I tell Kyle "Okay if you don't like granola bars (which I know he does) then you can have something else, but you have to be able to eat it in the car. How about a bag of Cherrios?

Kyle: "Oh boy, I LOVE CHERRIOS!!"
Mommy: Sigh. "I'm so glad."

Kyle: Mommy can I have my granola bar too?

Repeat same conversation as above, except insert milk in his cup, when he realy wanted OJ.
What are we going to do with him???

5 comments:

Cariann said...

Sorry I think it's funny! Although you know that will be me here in the next year or so. It was good to see you!

Lorraine said...

Too funny. Save this story to tell him someday when he is a dad!

TrishAnderson said...

Well, I was sitting there when you walked in and I would have NEVER known this was the story behind it. He seemed so pleasant and excited to be at church. Glad you made it!!

Carol said...

:) How cute! You are such a good mommy! I loved seeing your little ones months ago. They are so well behaved.

Michelle said...

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who tries to reason with a three-year old when they're tired, cranky and rushed! I feel you sister!