The train table I was able to get, simply by being at the right place at the right time. I was looking for these are Toy R' Us, but the are super expensive. I happened to have some stuff to drop off at DI, and thought I would go see if they by chance had a little kid dresser. They didn't but they had the ugly, beat up train table. The wheels on the drawers were broken, and the previous owner had drawn all over it, but it was only $35! So I simply repainted it, and bought $10 worth of wheels. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the roll out drawers. They are HUGE. They hold all of his blocks, all of his train things, and all of his little people stuff.
His bed was also a case of being at the right place at the right time. I really wanted a car bed for him, but again super expensive. I just happen to check craigs list, and found one for $100, and my mother in law split the cost for me. It was originally blue, but I just painted it red, and some day will add some stickers. The bedding was also a gift for Kyle from my in-laws. I LOVED this quilt, because it wasn't as much "in your face" cars.
The biggest problem with Kyles room before, was that there was no storage. So I figured that if I could find a dresser for Kyles room, then I could open up alot more storage space in his super tiny closet. But the cheapest knock together piece of junk was $60. I looked everywhere. So I asked my dad if he would build a bookcase for me, as Kyles present. I simply gave him the diminsions, and he made this fantastic bookcase. It ended up being about 4 x 4, and gives me so much storage space. LOVE IT!
To finish up the room, I simply bought a matching rug, and some red curtains. As added decoration I painted frames on the wall in matching colors, and then bought 2 posters and hung them up. It took up alot of space on the wall, with little cost.
Then one of my wonderfully sweet friend came over and helped me paint this fantastic mural on the wall! It turned out so great!!!
I tend to have an idea in my head of how it should end up, then halfway through, I start to panic, because its not exactly working out how I want it too. But in the end, I am really happy how it turned out...although I think I lost 5 years off my life due to stress...but its worth it, since he loves it!!
13 comments:
Holy Moly that's awesome guys!
Man I hope Kyle loves it.
I'd love to see his face.
Did you get that as a pic?
You're a great mum.
Kyle's room looks terrific - great job!
o.k.- so that last comment was from me.
--Cori :)
I do not think that I have meet you wifey, but Kyle's room looks totally rad! I know Karl from NM and we are family friends...
I am married to Nathan Mason...ask Karl and he will tell you about me...:0~
It looks so cool! Preston would be so jealous (so I am NOT going to show him this post (0: ) He is so into Cars as well. Two thumbs up!
Sara! THIS IS SO CUTE! I LOVE IT! Who helped you paint that mural? It is so GOOD! You are like the homemaking homey! Really great job, he is probably loving it. I can't believe how big your kids are getting, time sure flys.
It turned out adorable! I bet he just loves it!!!!
I also want to know who helped paint the mural....it is fabulous!
You did a great job, will you come and decorate my room? :)
Way to bargain shop as well.
Wow! Okay Martha Stewart! That room is so cool! I wish I was your kid!
That is fantastic!!! Aidan saw the pictures and is quite jealous...little does he know we're moving the boys into the office and he is getting a Thomas the tank engine room! Fantastic deal on the train table!
AMAZING mural! What a fun room now!
You did an awesome job on that room! What a good mom you are!
WoW! You weren't kidding when you said it would take a full week. Great finds on the decorating. Aren't parents nice to have when you "need" a present. Way cool. I am sure Brendon will be extremely jealous when he finally gets to see it!!
Post a Comment